Hello dear readers,
It has been over two years since I last posted on Urban Domesticity. Two years! And so much has changed in two years. I hope you will join me at my new blog space at abodenly.com.
Here are some preview pictures to entice you:
Is that a nursery? Yes! Yes, it is.
I hope to post about my home, family, cooking, Portland, and life as a stay-at-home mom to a sweet toddler about once a week at abodenly.com. There is a link to subscribe via email on the new blog–I hope you will!
Well now… what’s all this?
A living room makeover is in the works!
It’s that time of year… spring cleaning time. It’s a chore for sure, but I always feel so good when my home is clean and healthy from top to bottom. And there are some tasks (::whispering:: like cleaning behind the fridge) we haven’t tackled in the two years we’ve lived here. It’s time. I will be enlisting the Mr’s help.
You can vote in the comment section which chores you think I should ask the Mr. to complete! (Note to Ryan: do not create fake reader names and vote for the easiest tasks.)
Here is my list of everything I’d like to accomplish. This is in addition to the regular cleaning I do most every week.
Deep clean kitchen
- Throw away all old food in cabinets and fridge.
- Donate un-used dishes and utensils
- Remove everything from cabinets and wipe inside and out.
- Thoroughly clean fridge and freezer
- Clean oven and stovetop
- Clean dishwasher and under the sink
- Pull fridge out and clean behind and around (ewwwwwwwww!)
- Wash floor and scrub grout clean
- Polish stainless steel
- launder shower curtains
- scrub tub and tile
- edit toiletries
Living room and dining room
- Vacuum upholstered furniture
- Rent steamer and steam rug and furniture
- Clean out the coat closet (it’s gross in there)
- Clean out the dining room sideboard and take stuff to donate
- Wash throws and pillows
- Wash curtains (mine are machine washable and dry-able)
- Vacuum and wipe down closet
- Edit down clothing (I recently did this! Yay, one thing done.)
- Vacuum and mop under bed (There is a family of dust bunnies that need to move)
- Rotate and flip mattress
- Wash mattress pad and skirt
- Baseboards. Blah.
- Deep clean all wood floors.
- Dust crown molding.
- Clean light covers and bulbs.
- Get quote on exterior windows. (They are too high to do ourselves.)
- Use a sticky roller thing on the lamp shades.
- Wash all bedding and towels
- Wash and edit toys
I’d like to have all of this done by mid-May, so I’m giving myself a decent amount of time. What’s on your spring cleaning list? Any tasks I’ve missed?
Vote in the comment section on which tasks the Mr. should do!