Beautiful Larkpress letterpress calendar I received from the Mr. for Christmas.
Oh… hello. Are you still here?
I just dusted off the old blog log-in and… lo and behold… my little domestic blog is still here living its own life on the internet. Despite my absenteeism, this baby got 23,000 views in 2010. Nice. I’m glad Urban Domesticity is here ’cause it’s a new year and a perfect time to just pick up where I left off.
I used to promise five posts a week. Now I’ll just promise to post when I have something (at least mildly) interesting to say. I hope you stick around to encourage my domestic experiments in design, decorating, cooking (although… who am I kidding? The Mr. does most of the cooking around here), cleaning, finances, and simply loving life in Portland, Oregon.
To whet your appetite, here are a few things that have happened since I last posted:
- I’ve done a bit-o-redecorating (nothing major).
- I painted the bathroom and re-accessorized.
- The Mr. and I traveled to a tropical locale for our 5th anniversary. And I will post a few pictures.
- The snuggliest, cuddliest, most awesomest rug now lives in my bedroom.
- We got a slow cooker. Actually I bought it for the Mr. for Christmas. If this isn’t THE most exciting thing you’ve heard in a long time… well, then I don’t know how to help you. Seriously though… I’ll share some of
- I killed four more plants!
- And, in September, we welcomed a fourth member to our family. Now… before you get all excited mother-in-law style, here is a preview of our new family member: