Last week I posted about conceptualizing a living room redecoration. I also posted a first take on a mood board that I don’t like. The picture above is my new mood board, which is still a work in progress. Here are the main components:
- For starters, I lightened up the wall color. Instead of using Silver Fox like I did in my dining room, I’m considering Moonshine which is closer to the wall color I miss from my old apartment.
- I’m envisioning a flat weave grass rug instead of a high pile shag. My only hesitation is my puppy. Grass rugs are hard to clean! Then again, so are shags.
- Different art work… The modern paintings I currently have hanging behind the sofa limit my options with the decor. I’d like to work in more framed drawings and prints instead.
- I already own the lamp, curtains, and wicker chairs and they would stay. Eventually, I’d get an additional chair or love seat.
- The sofa is the same one I mentioned last week from Ikea. I’m not entirely sure this is “the one.” I imagine a dark color is best (it will contrast nicely with the light walls and we let our dogs on the sofa with us from time to time) but I’m not feeling 100% on it yet. I may consider a dark charcoal or even a more mid-tone latte color.
I included some small shots of my dining room and dining room rug on the mood board. Because the rooms are very open to one another, it is important that the spaces work well together.
My weekends are filling up with plans for the next month or so, so I’m not sure when I’ll be able to paint. In the meantime, I’ve made some other changes to the space that have already done wonders for the feel of the room. I’ll try to post some pictures and details over the next few days.
What do you think of the mood board? What’s working? And what still needs a little help?